Painting by Jenny Bowden
© Jenny Bowden
The information below is printed on the back of the card:
The Oxford University Museum of Natural History was built between 1855 and 1860 and displays many of the university's natural history specimens. The neo-Gothic building has a magnificent glass roof supported by cast iron pillars. Among its collections are a Dodo and the Oxfordshire dinosaurs. The museum leads to the Pitt Rivers Museum which houses the university's anthropological collection including tsantsas (shrunken heads!) from the Upper Amazon.
Ref: JB 065