Painting by Jenny Bowden
© Jenny Bowden
The information below is printed on the back of the card:
The Ashmolean Museum first opened in 1683 on Broad Street before moving to its current location on Beaumont Street in 1845. The building was designed by Charles Cockerell and is Oxford University's Museum of Art and Archaeology, housing a vast collection of curiosities, antiquities and fine art. The museum was extensively renovated and expanded between 2006 and 2009 with its display space being doubled. It also includes a restaurant and large gift shop.
Ref: JB 055